At Fosse Mead Primary Academy we aim to provide a safe, happy and stimulating learning environment which enables each child to reach his or her full potential by:-
- Working as a team comprising children, staff, parents, governors, outside agencies and visitors in line with our school motto: Together Everyone Achieves More
- Valuing the contribution of each individual within that team;
- Providing a broad and varied curriculum planned to suit the individual child yet within the ‘EYFS’ National Curriculum framework and broader school curriculum.
- Promoting fairness and good standards of behaviour and discipline through a Positive Behaviour Policy.
- Showing and encouraging respect and tolerance for each other and the whole school community;
- Promoting equality of opportunity regardless of race, religion, gender, social background or ability;
- Promoting links with other schools as well as the local and wider community;
- Recognising needs and nurturing strengths;
- Encouraging pupils at all times to develop positive learning characteristics
As a result of such an environment we hope our children will:
- Be confident and at ease with themselves and others;
- Become independent, self disciplined and self motivated;
- Have respect for themselves, each other and the environment;
- Be keen to learn and able to set, and achieve, realistic goals of a high standard;
- Be valued as an individual and as a member of the community, both within the school and beyond;
- Become literate, numerate, communicative, creative and co-operative.